CBD Skin Care: Everything You Need to Know
Yes, CBD can be used for more than just oral application to help with anxiety, stress, depression, and chronic pain. This incredible cannabinoid can also be used topically for skin care, helping you to fortify the strength and vitality of your skin while also investing in its youthful appearance.
That’s why the global CBD cosmetics market is valued at over $580 million today, expected to swell to $1.7 billion by 2025. Why settle for synthetic compounds and chemical-filled products in stores when you can apply something as natural as CBD skin care products to your skin? Exactly.
Let’s clear up any confusion or misinformation swirling around CBD skin care products today. First, some basic information.
What is CBD?
CBD is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. It’s one of the two primary ingredients of cannabis, with THC being the other (this is the psychoactive chemical that gives people the feeling of being “high” after they smoke weed). Unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, which means you can enjoy its benefits without the feeling of being high.
CBD for Skincare
Beyond these incredible benefits and the potential of CBD is its effect on the skin and overall skin care preservation. Known for healing properties, CBD can offer some serious antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that can help with everything from inflammation to dryness and the free radical damage we all endure on a day-to-day basis.
In a nutshell, here are some of the ways in which CBD is making a big name for itself in the world of skin care.
Top 5 Benefits of CBD Skin Care:
- Fights Inflammation/Natural Redness: One of CBD’s most celebrated benefits is that it reduces inflammation in the body. Nonstop inflammation of the skin can cause redness, discoloration, premature aging, acne, and a slew of other skin defects. CBD can reduce the appearance of all of these side effects – and more.
- Reduces Appearance of Acne: CBD has been proven to reduce the production of sebum in the skin, which is a main ingredient that causes the appearance of acne, bumps, and pimples.
- Treats Eczema and Psoriasis: Recent studies have shown that CBD can help with natural skin conditions, redness, and dryness.
- Anti-Aging Support: Since CBD is considered an antioxidant, it can effectively reduce the appearance of aging. By counteracting free-radical damage and reducing inflammation, CBD anti-aging creams can help with dullness, ruddy skin tones, and wrinkles.
- Compatible with Sensitive Skin: There are millions of people around the world that cannot access normal skin care products because they have sensitive skin. CBD comes with a naturally soothing property that helps with skin-calming to reduce issues related to skin sensitivity. This calmness can help with redness, reactivity, and painful inflammation.
What Kind of CBD Skin Care Products Should I Consider?
CBD provides a natural, antioxidant alternative to the chemically-constructed products in the store that can actually further dry out your skin, as well as react with sensitive skin types. Our skin absorbs everything we put on it, which is why you should take special caution in curating your skin care routine, and which products you are using.
Here are some CBD for skin care products and options you can consider applying to your skin today:
Should I Use CBD for My Skin Care Routine?
At the end of the day, CBD is one of the most soothing, calming, and sensitive skin compatible bio-compounds available to you today. Stop drying your skin out with chemicals in your skin care products.
CBD for skin care is something that everyone can consider and try. We recommend making the natural switch today.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at: email@example.com